Today I woke up a mom. In my mama bed with my ‘mamá’ screamin’ kids and my mama loving husband. I roll over to Federico, give him a squeeze and then a kiss or two or three or ten. And by rollover I mean rolling over the two kids that sleep in-between us (small house, big bed). Sometimes I walk around. Resi wakes up – sometimes she’s mad, most of the times she’s glad. When she has a little morning fit, not so little in sound – she screams, she likes a ‘hug-ie’ to calm down. Lasse like to wrestle in the morning. Or scream, “stop!” as he’s massaged awake.
Life on a school day
* Give love to husband
* Wake up kids: wrestle, love, hug, massage
* Get kids dressed (showers every other-day)
* Make breakfast (french toast is favorite)
* Make Resi lunch (options: artichoke? she ate it, yogurt pretzels, fruit, drink box, nuts, bar, string cheese, sandwich, yogurt ????)
*Count down the etd so we aren’t late….”10minutes!!!…..5minutes!!!” It’s eat and GO! (Even though we try to leave by 7:45 it’s never before 7:52)
* Shoes on! jackets on! backpacks on! kisses and whoosh them out the door.
* AHHHHHHHHH Silence, Serita time….starts now.
Things I do with Serita time:
clean intervals on the track listen to music
drink tea or coffee watch surf contests
yoga pure barre class dance
tai-chi clean some more
sport-cord prepare dinner
meditate listen to Alan Watts
catch up on emails watch pinterest or tumblr
mountain bike hike sauna train body and mind
Serita time passes quickly. Gotta get done what needs to get done….. clock strikes 3:00 – I loose my slippers – carriage turns into an Audi – back into ‘mamá mode.’
* Pick up Lasse at school – 17 minutes to Edwards for a 30min Piano Lesson at 4:00
* Play on the playground while Lasse practices piano. (Upper body strength on the playground)
* Drive home and scratch my mind on what I can make for dinner
* “Lasse have you done your reading? Lasse what about math? Lasse Read!! Lasse!!!”
* Eat dinner. I hope it’s something healthy.
* Bedtime ritual (brush brushy brush, clean face, cream, floss, vitamins, read books and spiritual practice, meditation, saying what we are grateful for, who we forgive, and something we like about ourselves)
* If it’s after 9:00 the kids pass out. If it’s before 9:00 it usually takes them a little more time to relax.
* If by some miracle I can wake back up after putting them to sleep I go down stairs and play with my husband. Watch some football or surf, usually pass out on the couch and have to go back upstairs and put myself quickly back to bed.
Is all this normal? I feel so normal. Who wants to feel like that? Normal. Not me? I would rather be a wild mom out on an adventure, toting kids and husband looking for ways to play. This is what school does to a family…..stuck, static, oh the dreaded routine….school, school, school? It kind of makes me crazy, the normalcy of it all. So if crazy = normal and normal =crazy then they must be the same thing. Yin and Yang. I can live like this….but only for a while.